Holmegaard products sold at top3 by design
Holmegaard
Click for more ideas from Holmegaard

The history of Holmegaard glassworks began in 1823, when Count Christian Danneskiold-Samsøe sought permission from the King of Denmark to establish a glassworks at Holmegaard Mose. However, the Count died in 1823 without receiving an answer to his request. His dowager, Countess Henriette Danneskiold-Samsøe, decided to pursue the project when, shortly after the death of her husband, she received permission from the King to establish a glassworks. The factory was to be located in the bog because there was sufficient fuel there to produce the high temperatures needed for the glass kiln.