duncan meerding | cracked log lamp
The Cracked Log Lamps are made from salvaged logs which would otherwise have been burnt.
Tasmanian designer, Duncan Meerding, is legally blind, and this vision of light emanating from the peripheries and the highly tactile nature of his work, reflect the alternative sensory world within which he designs.
These lamps embrace, rather than avoid the naturally occurring cracks in refuse logs.
By turning them into a vessel for light, we can bring the outside in, and be reminded of our intrinsic connection with nature.
The warm yellow light coming through each lamps unique light pattern highlights the fiery fate that the salvaged timber would have otherwise been exposed to.
These lamps embrace the cracks often avoided in timber based designs - pushing the light through the things often associated with darkness. Before turning on the Cracked Log Lamp, often a person would think it is purely just a log of wood.
- Ready wired for Australian power point
- Inline switch
- Edison Screw styled fitting
- Recommended for use with 75w (equivalent) warm white compact energy saving globe
- Dimensions approximately 23cm x 18cm (Lamps vary in size and weight due to the nature of material).
NOTE: The Cracked Log Lamp is for dry indoor use only.
Item code: crackedloglamp
members earn $19.25 top3 credits
|Online/Crows Nest store:||1|
This product can be purchased online or
visit one of our stores.
Current stock levels are displayed below.
- Crows Nest - Sydney store has 1
- Richmond - Melbourne store has 1