Share your photos of this product
in your beautiful home.
skagerak | cura oil | white indoor
Skagerak’s worktop oil with white pigment is designed to protect and strengthen wooden surfaces on light types of wood such as oak, ash, beech, birch and pine. The oil will minimise the natural darkening of the wood and keep it well-nourished and light – resistant to water, dirt and grease.
How to use:
1. Sand down the surface with sandpaper grit 180. Wipe off the wood dust with a dry cloth afterwards.
2. Clean the wood with Wood Cleaner. After cleaning, let the surface dry for at least 8 hours at room temperature.
3. Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
4. Use a paintbrush to apply a suitable amount of oil in an even, adequate coat.
5. Wait approx. 30 minutes as the oil penetrates the wood. Apply once more if dry spots appear.
6. Carefully polish the wood using a polishing pad. This makes the surface more hard-wearing.
7. Next, wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth. Do not leave any excess oil on the surface.
8. Wait one hour and repeat step 3-7. The surface should be treated 2-3 times before taken into use.
9. During the last treatment (at step 4) sand the wood while the surface is still wet with oil. Sand lengthwise the wood grain with sandpaper grit 280-320 and wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth.
10. After 24 hours at room temperature, the surface is ready to use. Do not let the wood become wet during the hardening process. The oil is fully hardened after 1 week. The surface should be treated with caution during this period. Liquids must be wiped off.
Item code: 1103042
members earn $1.80 top3 credits
|Online/Crows Nest store:||7|
This product can be purchased online or
visit one of our stores.
Current stock levels are displayed below.
- Crows Nest - Sydney store has 7
- Richmond - Melbourne store has 1