LAPOD lap desk holds all your laptop accessories and peripherals in its cushioned storage pod. Chargers, cables, mouse, portable drives, USBs, webcam, tablet, stylus... or simply a pen, pad and your sunglasses because you’ve decided to work out in the park in the sunshine.
Whether you're a digital nomad or work from home, you can work professionally anywhere in comfort with all you need right at your fingertips. No more balancing your laptop on your knee, battery indicator flashing, juggling charger and plug while searching your bag for your earbuds to take that incoming video call.
The simple design allows you to single handedly access whatever you have stored inside your lap desk without disturbing your work on top. The cable slot allows you to plug your laptop into stored portable drives, devices or power packs, for example, giving you the freedom to work anywhere. And the gentle sweeping ergonomic form is the result of a considered design that fits you just as well as it fits your things. Being this organised never looked so good!
- Simplified design to help you organise, focus and stay relaxed
- Visually appealing, soft, textural aesthetic
- Comfortable ergonomic form to suit any sitting position
- Raised work surface to reduce wrist strain
- Cable routing slot for devices, drives, power packs
- Suits 11 inch, 13 inch, 15 inch laptops (and some 17 inch)
- Easy storage access for laptop accessories, peripherals and devices
- Thermal protection: keeps both your lap and laptop cool
- Separable parts to pack away in your bag or back pack
- Highly durable materials with sustainable properties (recyclable and biodegradable)
- Generous proportions with room for your mouse
- Designed to open singlehandedly
Made of two parts and two materials with highly sustainable properties:
STORAGE POD: moulded from rigid non-woven recyclable P.E.T. felt
WORK SURFACE: made from laminated and layered smooth bamboo
Both materials are resilient and have highly sustainable properties (recyclable and biodegradable, respectively, at end-of-useful-life). The bamboo work surface is finished with a plant-based hard wax-oil that is robust and durable with a great natural feel
The material appearance will vary from images on the website, ie the grain of the bamboo, and the texture patterns of the felt.
Before starting objct co Melbourne-based industrial designer Tony Heap spent 18 years designing for leading manufacturing companies with products ranging from commercial furniture to domestic appliances and bike accessories.
Then Tony struck upon a niche with a series of product ideas he’d had for relaxing the ever-growing tension between our home and work lives. He quit his day job to become a startup founder/ design entrepreneur. After innumerable prototyping, testing, building and spreadsheeting, the LAPOD Lap Desk was put into production.
For Tony, good design is where a great idea meets beautiful execution – simplifying and unifying form and function into practical minimalism. Or as his grandma would say, "an elegant
Subscribe to our weekly design updates